My dad's project!

Vyrona's weather station, Location: Athens, GREECE

Please wait. The image will appear soon on your screen

On the left, you can see Lycabbetus hill and in the middle, when the atmosphere is clear, mount Parnitha is visible

click on the image to see the weather station's page

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A bit of everything..!

A few days ago my beloved grandma who lives in Kedros, a village near Karditsa, sent us in Athens some vegetables from her own garden. So, as I was making a salad for today's meal, A had a brilliant idea about growing peppers from my grandma's seeds!
                        

So he digged a bit, creating some space in our big pot and put the seeds in..
                         

The remaining seeds, left for me, were placed in a different pot. Don't know if we'll see any growth  but it was fun!

After finishing the seeding, we went back to the kitchen to finish off the "greek salad". Tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, feta, olive oil, salt and oregan! (We had lack of onions and olives)
                                   
                                 Ready for the shot!                                           Ready to eat!

And of course the main course, cooked by my sweet mummy, au gratin and homemade tzatziki! Both delicious!!
                          

Now off to water my plants and then have some study about superconductivity's properties. If you wonder about that, take a look at this really impressing YT video, showing  Quantum Levitation.
Have a nice day,
Angeliki

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have fresh veggies from your grandma's garden. I just had a salad with tomato, cucumber, carrots, onion, chickpeas, feta, olive oil & balsamic. So yummy! I met friends for lunch yesterday and we were saying how we missed our Greek friend Maria and her tzaziki. She gave me her recipe but I haven't made it in years. Think I might have to do that very soon. Yum! Maria moved to Lebanon but she goes to her summer home in Greece during the summer where I visited her once. The year of the heat wave. Boy was it hot! You would think I would be used to the heat, but we could only use the a/c at night so stayed at the beach all day. Around here, we live with a/c probablhy 9 months out of the year.

    I will be curious to see if the green peppers grow. If they do, then I am definitely doing that this winter. :)

    You lost me with superconductivity! Ha! Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. τοσες πιπεριες που τρωω και ποτε δε σκεφτηκα να φυτεψω τους σπορους...μου βαλες ιδεες..χαχαχα!!! και ποσο ζηλεψα τη σαλατουλα και ακομα πιο πολυ το τζατζικακι!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. γιατι δε φαινομουνα στα μελη του μπλογκ σου?? κατα τυχη το προσεξα :s
    γραφτηκα παλι. φιλια!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand the peppers and totally understand the salad and au gratin. Wondering about tzatziki, and completely lost with Quantum Levitation - no mater how many videos I watch! Always fun to see and hear what you're doing! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! Your opinion is always welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...